Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

3Day for the Cure training

Training for the Susan G. Komen 3Day for the Cure continues! Last weekend, our team got together for our official training kick-off! We walked 6 miles near (our team leader) Michelle's house. Since Josh had duty, Gray strolled along with us napping most of the time. Michelle had an awesome brunch ready for us when we got finished walking. We discussed some fundraising ideas to help us all reach our minimum requirement ($2,300) to participate in the walk.

Thirteen amazing friends and family have helped me get over the $800 mark already! I still have about $1,500 to raise, but I'm hopeful that I will exceed my goal long before November! If you are interested in donation, you can click on the link above or contact me for other options. Please don't wait to donate!

In other training news, I'm keeping up the pace of roughly 15 miles a week now but will be increasing to 20+ within in the next few weeks. The 3Day has a training schedule set up with miles/day and cross-training each week, and as the walk gets closer the miles/week increase up to 40+ on several weeks.

I think I'm going to need some new shoes before all of the training is over, but who doesn't love new shoes?

No comments:

Post a Comment