Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Susan G. Komen 3Day for the Cure



This year, I'll be participating in a very special event called the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure. I'll walk 60 miles over the course of three days with thousands of other women and men, and camp out each night under the stars in San Diego. Proceeds from the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure are invested in breast cancer research.

The women I'll be walking with are also wives of Marine or Air Force pilots and we plan to train and fundraise together. I think this will be a very exciting opportunity for each of us! Each team member is walking in memory/honor of family members and friends who have been touched by breast cancer. I personally am walking for two amazing women, two of my mom's sisters. I'm walking in honor of my Aunt Kitty, who is a breast cancer survivor. I'm also walking in memory of my Aunt Doris, who lost her battle to cancer last November.

Together, my team plans on raising at least $11,500 to help end breast cancer forever. Personally, I am going to raise $2,300 of that, so I need your help. Please consider making a donation for this great cause. Even if you can only spare $5, it would still put me one step closer to my goal.

There are several ways to donate. You can call 800-996-3DAY to donate over the phone. If you prefer to write a check, please make the check out to “ Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure” and mail it to my home address.

You can also give online at The3Day.org. Just follow the link below to visit my personal fundraising Web page. If you donate online, you can even spread your donation out over four monthly payments!


This link will take you to the 3Day website:


Thank you in advance for your support!




No comments:

Post a Comment