Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Happy Anniversary!

Wedding anniversary. Marine Corps. Two things that apparently don't mix. 


Josh and I celebrated our first anniversary with a friend who was in flight school with Josh. Josh and the friend had an early morning flight then they came back to our house to study. The three of us celebrated the 1st anniversary by eating a piece of wedding cake over study material, maps, highlighters, and note cards. Last year, Josh spent our anniversary standing duty on base and I spent it with Gray (and Pallas, our roommate in NC) at home. I believe take out was involved. This year, Josh and I are celebrating our 4th wedding anniversary about 8,000 miles apart.  Very exotic right? 

I may not always love the Marine Corps and it's effect on our day-to-day plans, but I honestly appreciate the chances we have been given because of Josh's choice to serve. How many couples are given the chance to have butterflies all over again because you haven't seen each other in months and months? As strange as it may sound, I see this deployment as a chance to build our relationship and make it even stronger. That is not to say I am glad he is gone, just that we should try to make the most of every situation. We are so blessed in so many ways, and God knew Josh and I would be in this place long before we did. 

No matter how far apart we may be physically, we are super close in every other way. We have seen each other really grow up and change so much since the first weeks of our relationship until now (almost 9 years later) and we are still CRAZY about each other! I can't express how lucky I am to have him in my life. He is super funny, intelligent, easy-going, happy, sweet, strong, loving, honest, hard-working, caring, brave, and my rock in tough times. He has the biggest heart, the best memory, and he is the greatest Daddy. He loves to try new things and wants to live life to the fullest. Not to mention his dashing good looks. I mean, come on! Look at him in that uniform! 


I may complain about how he always puts the dish towel back on the oven with the tag hanging out.  Or how he makes me suffer through his iPod play list. Or how he leaves wadded up straw paper in my car. Even with his flaws, I'm the luckiest girl in the world because he is mine. I'm actually his biggest fan...

Happy 4th Anniversary from the other side of the world. Love you Babe. 

*Thanks to Kelly Moore Photography for getting these amazing post-wedding shots. I still adore them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment