Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The latest quilt.

I started this quilt about 6 months ago and after I finally got the top pieced together, I started thinking about the back. I also started thinking about if I was bold enough to try to quilt it myself. In the past I have always mailed my quilt tops to a fantastic woman in Arkansas (my Aunt Doris discovered her and they became very good friends). I decided this hobby would be more cost-effective and a little more fun if I could complete the quilt start to finish. I think I have also decided a baby quilt would have been an easier starting point...
The top.
This is what I came up with for the back. 
I sat in the middle of the kitchen floor and pinned this one day several weeks back during Gray's nap time. It has been folded over the back of my sewing chair since. I'm very anxious/nervous to start quilting it because I'm afraid to totally mess it up and make it look terrible. My original plan for this quilt was to be a beach blanket (it could obviously be used at home too), so I would like to have it finished within a month or two so we can use it this summer with that fantastic half-tent I got a few weeks back at Costco. If that's the case, I am actually going to have to switch to the walking foot on my machine and get after it. Hopefully I used enough pins AND hopefully the straight lines I plan to quilt with will be fairly simple! I plan to start on it this week after getting some baby stuff made for some pregnant pals. Wish me luck everyone! I think I'm going to need it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment