Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

Garlic Firecracker Shrimp


I found this recipe at Ralph's (grocery store) several months back. The recipe was super simple, and most of the ingredients are things you may already have in the pantry. I decided not to fire up the grill for all of 3 minutes of cooking, but I would like to try this again when we are making hamburgers or steaks. They were good, but I can imagine how much better they would be cooked on the grill.  I made them with a side of flavored rice. This was a super quick and easy weeknight dinner!

Garlic Firecracker Shrimp
Ingredients:
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoons minced garlic
1 to 2 teaspoons dried parsley
3/4 teaspoons cayenne pepper
1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined

Directions:
1. In a medium bowl combine lemon juice, oil, garlic, parsley, cayenne, and salt to taste. Add shrimp, toss to coat. Refrigerate 45 minutes.
2. Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Thread shrimp on skewers. Place skewers on grill. Grill 1 to 1 1/2 minutes per side or until shrimp turn pink. Serve immediately.

1 comment:

  1. awesome! I tried this too and it turned out great! check out my post :D

    ReplyDelete