Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Warrior Dash 2011

This weekend, Josh and I participated in the SoCal Warrior Dash in Lake Elsinore. Our Warrior Dash  was 3.08 miles with obstacles including climbing hay bales, hopping though tires, running through a junk yard, climbing over the warrior wall, walking across planks, jumping over logs in waist-deep water, scrambling across a cargo bridge, up and down some fairly treaterous hills, climbing up a pretty high cargo net, jumping over an open flame, and finally low-crawling though a mud pit under barbed wire. 
Post Warrior Dash
We completed the Warrior Dash with a few other pals from HMH-462 and spouses/friends. We ran in different heats, but met at the end. We all survived. I have a very slightly twisted ankle (as I ran through the lake, I fell in a hole), but other than that we all came out unscathed. 
Warriors after the dash. 

I didn't take my camera through the course, but we snapped these after we were done of the 'warrior roast' and the 'muddy mayhem' obstacles. 
There were two fires we had to jump over near the end. 
The Ninja Turtles going through the mud. 
If the Warrior Dash is coming to a city near you, I recommend you try it out. It was a fun day and I'm glad we participated! If only Gray and Fletch could have gone with us, it would have been perfect! 
Sweet survivor medal! 
The Warrior Dash site is going to put up some pictures, so I may add a few more once I see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment