Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

PostSecret

"PostSecret is an ongoing community art project where people mail in their secrets anonymously on one side of a homemade postcard." 

If you haven't been to the PostSecret website, I recommend it. People mail in their secrets on postcards and a selection of about 10-15 postcards are posted on the site every Sunday. I have PostSecret attached to my Google Reader, so I follow them every week. I can't resist reading what people send to PostSecret's mailbox every week. Some of the secrets shared are so personal that you can't help but be touched by them. People send in secrets about friendship, love, abuse, thoughts of suicide, cheating, religion, guilt, and pride. You name it and people send it in. 

Here is a random sample from the last few weeks...

This makes me smile. 




This one cracked me up. :)
This one made me wonder why...


Some of the secrets shared are pretty risque. If you are easily offended, this may not be the site for you. I tend to ignore those 'secrets' and read on for others. I enjoy the postcards for what they say, but also because I love the creativity that people use when sending in a secret. Let me know what you think if you hop over there to check it out. 

1 comment:

  1. Funny site, Lynda. =) This comment is really for the post below. I'm saying a prayer for the families of the Marines involved in the crash and for the Marine community - I can't imagine the thoughts that go swirling through your mind when something like this happens. I'm sending a big THANKS your way though. I am very thankful for the sacrifices you and your family make and for what Josh does. God bless you all!

    ReplyDelete