Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

Lord of the Rings.

Well, it took me a little longer than expected (about 2 weeks), but I finally finished all three books in the Lord of the Rings series. I feel like I've been on an epic journey, so I know Frodo was over it by the time he made it back to the Shire. 

That being said I think the books were good, but I would not recommend them to anyone who isn't into the genre or the movies. I started watching the movies with Josh because he had read part of the series when he was younger. I'm sure the myriad of questions I asked during the movies were rather irritating to him but he had a much better understanding of all thing Ring related. Now that I've finished the books, I think I'll watch the movies again. 
Ole Frodo. 
The next book on the list is Decision Points by George W. I'm assuming it will be much easier to read, since the people and places are not imaginary. I'm open to any suggestions for the book after Decision Points, because I haven't decided what to read yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment