Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Creamy Shrimp and Mushroom Pasta

I found a pretty good pasta recipe on Pintrest last week from chaosinthekitchen.com. I thought I would share it with you. It goes together pretty quickly, which is great for a weeknight meal. Josh and I both liked this recipe and I will prob make it again when I'm looking for a good comfort food meal. I try to make healthy meals most of the time, and I'm pretty sure that this wouldn't fall into that category.

Creamy Shrimp and Mushroom Pasta
Ingredients:
4-8 oz linguine or fettuccine
      (I used closer to half of a box than 4oz because, which made the sauce thinner.)
10 tablespoons butter
     (This almost scared me away, but I decided to try it anyway.)
8 oz fresh, sliced mushrooms
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 oz cream cheese, cut into small pieces
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
2/3 cup boiling water (from noodle pot)
1 pound cooked shrimp

Directions:
1. Boil and salt a large pot of water and cook the pasta. While pasta is cooking, cook shrimp and reserve. If your shrimp are pre-cooked frozen, thaw under running water.

2. In a large skillet melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat and sauté mushrooms until soft and brown, season with salt and pepper. (I sautéed the mushrooms with olive oil, so I cut out some butter here.) Reserve mushrooms and melt remaining butter in skillet.

3. Add minced garlic, cream cheese, and herbs. Simmer cream cheese mixture until well blended. Get a scoop of boiling pasta water from the noodle pot and mix in, stirring quickly to smooth out the sauce. Keep the sauce hot and add the shrimp and mushrooms. Mix well and simmer (stirring often) until everything is hot and thickened, about 10 minutes. Toss the sauce with the cooked noodles and serve! This would be amazing with some garlic bread and a salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment